Special Event Permit Application

 In the interest of public safety, most temporary special events where more than 75 spectators or participants are expected to attend require a permit. This restriction applies to events that involve one or more of the following activities held on public or private property.

  • Closing of a street
  • Sale of merchandise, food or beverage
  • Blocking or restriction of public property
  • Installation of a stage, bandstand, trailer, grandstand, or bleacher
  • Erection of a temporary structure, tent, marquee, portable building or toilet
  • Placement of no-parking, directional, or any other identification sign or banner

If your event meets one or more of these criterion, please read the information below and contact the Special Events Coordinator for assistance at [email protected] or call 707-648-8616.

Please note that many of the application forms are fillable PDF's when downloaded.


Community Events Guidelines
Community Events Application
Community Events Insurance and Indemnity Agreement

Road Closure Permit Application

Encroachment Permit Guidelines

Encroachment Permit

Temporary Sign Permit

Vendor Permit / Temporary Business License

Planning Application

View current Permit Fees here.

You may download the application form online or pick it up in person at the City Managers office counter on the 3rd Floor upon request.
Please contact the Special Events Coordinator to make an appointment to review the application.
707-648-8616 or email [email protected] 


City Manager Office
555 Santa Clara Street
Third Floor
Vallejo, CA 94590
Phone: (707) 648-4328

Site Powered by: Civiclive © 2004-2024